PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING PRODUCT
- Vettec products are best used between 65°- 85° F (18°- 29° C).
- Areas of bleeding, abscesses or severe thrush should not be covered. Once healed, commence using products.
- Use of disposable gloves is recommended.
- Do not burn or “Hot Shoe” this product.
- Use only Vettec mix tips.
- This procedure should be performed on a clean, flat work area.
- To open, remove the tip of the cartridge (at designated groove) with nippers or knife. Ensure a clean straight cut along groove.
- Slide the red oval finger ring over top of cartridge and seat at cartridge base.
- Use the red plunger to squeeze out a small amount of material to ensure both sides are dispensing evenly.
- Attach mixing tip by pressing and twisting clockwise.
- For additional applications, remove old tip, re-equalize the cartridge, and attach another mix tip.
- Trim, rasp, and level hoof as normal. Remove any weak or soft material, especially at the white line area.
- Dry hoof thoroughly using a heat gun or hair dryer. Do not overheat.
- Trim, rasp, balance, and clean the hoof around the damaged area.
- Using a hoof knife or Dremel™ tool, rout out the damaged areas.
- Create an undercut on the hoof wall.
- Protect the coronary band with hoof tape or damp gauze.
- Clean and thoroughly dry the prepped area per instructions. If wet conditions exist, horse should be stalled overnight with dry bedding.
- Dispense Adhere directly into damaged area over-filling around the repair and onto sound hoof wall. Do not feather or "thin-out" the material around the edges. This will slow the set time and can lead to failure. Cure time 4-6 minutes.
- Rasp to finish. If necessary, fill any voids or holes using Adhere for a cosmetic finish.
- Areas of wetness, bleeding, or infection should not be covered. Once healed, commence using the product.
- Adhere can be applied with the shoe on or off, but will bond to the shoe. A coating of oil or petroleum jelly to the top of shoe will prevent this from occurring. Take care not to get any on the area of the hoof being repaired.
- Adhere may not bond to hooves that have been heavily treated with products containing: oils, grease, pine tar, etc. In these instances, a thorough denatured alcohol scrub and drying should be performed to ensure adhesion.
- For a large application where heat transfer to the hoof is a concern (above 150 °F), limit the initial layer to ¼ inch. After 3 minutes, apply to the desired level and shape as necessary.
- Adhere’s fast set time, flexibility, and odor free formulation make it the perfect choice for both large and small hoof repairs. Adhere is the choice when nailing.
- Adhere’s strength provides stability while not covering areas of wetness, bleeding or infection.
- Adhere is perfect for building up thin, shelly walls before using it to glue on shoes.
- Adhere’s fast set time and strength are a winning combination for gluing on steel, aluminum or polyurethane horseshoes.
For professional use only. Keep out of reach of children.