Instructions for Equi-Build 180cc
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING PRODUCT
- Vettec products are best used between 65° and 85° F (18° to 29° C). Temperature will affect the set time.
See Cold & Hot Conditions below.
- Areas of wetness or bleeding should not be covered. Once healed, commence using products.
- Equi-Build™ can be applied with the shoe on or off, but will bond to the shoe. A coating of oil or petroleum jelly to the top of shoe will prevent this from occurring. Take care not to get any on the area of the hoof being repaired.
- Product may not bond to hooves that have been heavily treated with products containing: oils, grease, pine tar, etc. In these instances a light denatured alcohol scrub and drying should be performed to ensure adhesion.
- The following procedures are best-accomplished wearing latex or rubber gloves.
- Do not burn or “Hot Shoe” this product.
- Use only Vettec mixing tips.
COLD CONDITIONS (Below 65° F)
- Failure to keep the hooves, shoes, and product warm will dramatically slow the cure time. Example: At 32° F the cure time advances to 9-10 minutes.
- Do not microwave the cartridge or place it in water. Store the cartridges in an insulated “cooler” warmed with microwavable heat pads or 1 to 2 tightly capped gallon jugs filled with hot water.
- In freezing temperatures, 32° F or less, the shoes must be warmed to keep condensation from forming on them and preventing the bond.
HOT CONDITIONS (Above 85° F)
- Product will set very quickly. To slow the set time, if needed store the material in an insulated cooler with 1 or 2 freezer packs.
- NOTE: During hot weather conditions, product may cure at a higher temperature. If applying close to sensitive tissue, product may be applied in layers to reduce heat.
- To open the cartridge, cut the tip at line with sharp nippers. Insert cartridge into dispensing gun, label side up.
- Before attaching the mixing tip, equalize the cartridge by squeezing out a small amount to ensure that both sides are dispensing evenly.
- Attach a mixing tip by pressing and twisting clockwise.
- When finished, do not release the pressure with the lever on the back of the dispenser. Remove the mixing tip immediately, discard and apply the cap. The pressure can now be released. Extra caps are available from your dealer, if needed.
- For additional applications, re-equalize the cartridge and attach a new tip.
- Trim and balance the hoof capsule as normal. Remove any weak or unattached hoof wall & clean out the white line area if compromised.
- NOTE: Only if hoof is oily, wipe the affected areas with a cloth moistened with denatured alcohol being careful not to saturate the hoof. Do not use acetone!
- Have all materials ready before proceeding to the next step.
- Dry hoof thoroughly using a heat gun for 30-45 seconds. Do not overheat. Keep heat source approximately 6 inches away from sole. NOTE: All hooves contain natural moisture and must be dried exactly in the manner described above. This step is critical for the product to achieve the appropriate bond to the hoof.
1. For extreme conditions, cut a piece of Equi-Mesh (REF #46030) to the outline of the shoe and place between the hoof and
shoe putting the curved side toward the sole.
2. Nail the shoe into position. If the sole is flat, seating out the shoe is advised.
3. Peel backing off Foam Board (REF #46015) stick on shoe and let horse bear weight on it for 5 seconds.
4. Lube hairline above the bulbs with petroleum jelly.
5. Lift hoof, fill with Equi-Build Fast Set and seal heels with duct tape.
6. Hold hoof elevated for 2 minutes and then set down on a flat surface.
7. Remove the Foam Board after 6 minutes or more and trim any excess material.
1. Apply modeling clay at the heels, as a dam and wrap the foot with duct tape where the shoe and hoof wall meet.
2. Apply petroleum jelly to the hairline above the bulbs.
3. Using the mixing tip, dispense Equi-Build into the sole area until it is even with the ground level of the shoe.
4. Place the Contouring Plastic (REF #46904) onto the material. Push with the palm of the hand from the toe toward the heel
to ensure the elimination of voids.
5. Hold hoof for 2 minutes. Equi-Build will substantially thicken and the hoof can be released onto a flat surface.
6. Remove the plastic after 6 minutes or more and trim any excess material.
Pull nails from shoes.
Grab Equi-Build with pull-offs between heels, and remove with shoe as one piece.
For professional use only. Keep out of reach of children.